We are loving zucchini season! We’ve been using it in everything we can. It doesn’t have a strong flavour so I’ve been able to hide it in some foods for my picky kids to eat. A friend turned me on to Danielle Walker’s Almond Flour Zucchini Bread recipe from Against All Grain and with just a couple of tweaks, Charley and I made it into our own muffins. I had made them to take camping with us the following day but the whole dozen were eaten before we left in the morning!
1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
2 tsp Epicure’s Fruit Crumble spice (cinnamon would work well here also, I just happened to be out of it)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp hazelnut butter (any nut butter will work)
3 tbsp raw honey
3 eggs, beaten
1 ripe banana
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/3 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips (optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2) Combine all your dry ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
3) Place the wet ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
4) Add the zucchini and beat until combined.
5) Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, keeping the mixer going.
6) Add the chocolate chips and mix until combined.
7) Pour into lined muffin tins and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
8) Let cool before slicing in half and slathering with grass fed butter. Enjoy!