If you follow my blog then you know by now that I eat weird things for breakfast, including brussels sprouts. Roll with it. And try it!
This recipe is relatively quick, filling and delicious. We especially love having this breakfast right before a hike, like we did this past week.
Make this recipe quicker by doubling or tripling the potatoes and brussels sprouts so you can reheat them throughout the week. The following recipe serves 2 very hungry people, and is Whole30 approved.
2 cups diced golden or red potatoes
2 cups halved brussels sprouts
1 tbsp paprika
2 tsp arrowroot powder
2 tbsp coconut oil
salt and pepper, to taste
4-6 eggs (2 or 3 per person)
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes in 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil.
- Add the paprika, arrowroot powder and salt, and toss again until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Add the potatoes and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and stir in the pan to combine. Continue to fry the potatoes and brussels sprouts for approximately 10 more minutes, or until potatoes start to crisp and cook through. Be sure to stir every few minutes.
- When the potatoes and brussels sprouts are almost finished cooking, prepare your eggs. My favourite way to eat them is poached, on top of the potatoes and brussels sprouts. (For instructions on how to poach an egg, click here.)
- Serve your potatoes and brussels sprouts in a bowl or on a plate, with your eggs. Enjoy!