Hey there! Wow, this no caffeine thing has been ROUGH. For the first 3 days I had a non stop pounding headache, was exhausted during the day, and awake in the middle of the night. By day 4 I was feeling way better though, and I’m excited to see how things improve even more over the next few weeks.
Here’s my meal plan for this week. A few breakfasts that I will double, and leftovers for lunch every day.
Yams and Eggs (There isn’t much to this “recipe” but it’s one of my favourites. I chop the yams into cubes and fry them in coconut oil and steak spice until cooked through. I remove them from the pan and cover them to keep them hot. Then I quickly fry 2 eggs and put them on top of the yams. You could partially boil the yams at the beginning of the week to make them quick and easy to fry up in the morning.)
Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet
Potatoes with Kale and Bacon
Chocolate Chili on spaghetti squash
Spicy Coconut Shrimp Bisque (skip the corn)
Sweet Pineapple Ginger Meatballs
Lemon Garlic Chicken on Zoodles and Kale
Italian Sausage and Zoodles
Moroccan Spiced Salmon
I suggest tripling the Chocolate Chili and Spicy Coconut Shrimp Bisque and freezing them for Whole30 emergencies. Those are two of my favourite recipes…you won’t be sorry!
I absolutely love scallops! They are a quick and easy source of protein and completely versatile when it comes to flavour. This is one of my favourite lunches to eat post workout.
1 spaghetti squash, cooked and threaded into ‘noodles’
8-10 scallops, ocean wise
1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped, stems removed
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1/8 cup of Tessemae’s Lemon Pepper sauce, approximately
1) Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat.
2) Pour into the pan about half of the Tessemae’s Lemon Pepper sauce
3) Place your scallops in the pan, leaving lots of wiggle room between them. Leave them to cook for 3-5 minutes.
4) Flip over your scallops and allow them to cook for another few minutes.
5) Add your red pepper and stir to combine with the scallops. Let cook for a minute.
6) Add your kale and the rest of your Tessemae’s sauce. Mix everything and fry until kale is softened and scallops are completely cooked through.
7) Remove from pan and serve over spaghetti squash noodles. Enjoy!
If you aren’t already addicted to PaleOMG yet, you need to go check it out NOW. Juli, the creator, is hilarious, down to earth, and all of her recipes have been a big hit in our household. We very slightly tweaked her recipe Almost 5 Ingredient Spaghetti Pie just buy adding some extra vegetables. All credit goes to Paleomg. She’s a genius!
1 large spaghetti squash, cooked and threaded into noodles
1 pound of Italian sausage (pastured pork and sugar free)
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 cup of pizza sauce (sugar free)
1 tsp of dried basil
3 eggs, whisked
1 green pepper, diced
5 mushrooms, chopped
1 cup spinach
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.
2) Heat a large pan over medium heat and fry the sausage, onions, and green pepper until sausage is cooked through and no longer pink.
3) Add the pizza sauce, basil, mushrooms and spinach and stir well.
4) Combine the entire mixture with the spaghetti squash threads in an 8×8 baking dish.
5) Mix in the whisked eggs until the eggs are no longer visible.
6) Place in the preheated oven and bake for approximately one hour, or until set in the middle. Let it rest a few minutes before serving.
Charley had a great time making this with me, but made sure to pick out anything green once it came time to eat it. Baby steps, right?