I am really enjoying the abundance of ripe, fresh fruit this summer and the abundance of fresh wild sockeye from our CSA. I combined my love for nectarines and salmon tonight and came up with this meal that we devoured in minutes! We enjoyed this with a side of roasted beets and mixed baby potatoes.
1 large tomato
1/2 red onion
1 jalapeño, seeded
1 small sweet Italian pepper
1 lb wild salmon fillet
2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1) Wash and dice your first 5 ingredients into small, uniform pieces.
2) Toss them in melted coconut oil and spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3) Place your baking sheet on the top rack of your oven and set your broiler to high.
4) Broil for 5-10 minutes or until salsa just begins to blacken. Remove and let cool.
5) Place your salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6) Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on the top rack of your oven and broil on high for 10-15 mins until salmon is cooked through.
7) While the salmon is broiling, dice your avocado and gently mix it into your salsa. Add the chopped basil and toss gently to combine.
8) When salmon is cooked through, remove and place it on your plate. Top with your salsa and enjoy!